Reproductive surgery is described as the surgeries perfumed by Gynecologist or surgeons who have specialized in reproductive surgery to restore the normal functions of the reproductive organs. They are performed in both men and women as part of Infertility treatment. In women reproductive surgery is performed to restore the functions of uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries and in men to repair the reproductive tract.
Male Surgical treatment
Surgical treatments available to cure male infertility are discussed below:
- Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (PESA):
In this procedure,the Infertility Specialist passes a needle through the skin of the testicular sac and reaches the epididymis where the sperms are stored. Small amount of fluid is collected and tested for the presence of the sperms
- Testicular Sperm Aspiration (TESA):
A needle is passed directly into the testis and a small piece of the tissue is removed. It is then tested in the laboratory under a microscope for the presence of the sperms.
- Microsurgical Epididymal sperm aspiration (MESA):
This procedure uses the help of a microscope to locate the tubules of the epididymis. Then a needle is inserted in the tubule. With this procedure a large number of sperms can be removed.
- Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE):
In this procedure, the scrotum is opened. A large volume of testicular tissue is removed from multiple areas in the testis. A microscope is then used to identify sperms and extract them for infertility treatment.
- Micro dissection TESE:
Micro dissection is done with the help of a microscope to collect sperm with minimal invasive procedure. A large number of sperms can be obtained using micro dissection technique.
- Vasectomy reversal:
Vasectomy reversal, done in Hegde Fertility, is a process used for reconnecting the male reproductive tract after separating them from a previously performed vasectomy surgery. Vasectomy reversal reconnects the tubes so that the sperms are able to get into the semen.
Female Surgical treatment
Surgical treatments available to cure female infertility are discussed below:
- Laparotomy Microsurgery: This procedure uses the help of a microscope to perform the reproductive surgery. This method of treatment is used for patients who are diagnosed with endometriosis causing outgrowth of the uterine lining. This method can also be successfully implemented to remove any scar tissues and to clear all the tissue growth in the fallopian tube. This is an invasive method of treatment but have successful results to overcome the infertility problems.
- Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy as the name suggest seeks the help of a laparoscope for the surgery. Laparoscope is a thin lone tube with a camera attached to it end enabling the surgeon to view enlarged images of the internal cavity and organs. This method of surgery have only small incisions in the abdomen and all the abnormalities are corrected by inserting surgical tolls through the incisions made in the abdomen.
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy: this is a tool used to diagnose female infertility using a fiber optic extent to inspect the uterus for any abnormalities such as fibroids, polyps, and scarring.
- Falloposcopy: this procedure involves examining the fallopian tubes for any tube obstruction, scarring or damage to the inner lining of the tube.
Hedge fertility offers a wide range of infertility treatment option required by the conditions and requirements of the patients. Contact Hegde fertility center to get the right treatment to treat all infertility related issues. Contact 8880 74 74 74 to know details about infertility treatment cost in India. Book an Appointment now.