With statistics showing a growing instance of genetic disorders in babies born today, Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis has gained a world of importance. Conducted in advanced hospitals today, the test helps in detecting genetic irregularities in embryos before their implantation in the uterus.
A leading center for the most advanced Infertility treatment today, Hegde hospital is one of the best PGS centers in Hyderabad. The PGS test at the hospital helps in ascertaining the risk of chromosomal defects or genetic disability in the newly fertilized egg. This ensures the health of the embryos and thereby the baby to be born through advanced infertility or ART techniques like IVF.
- If either or both of the couple undergoing the infertility treatment is detected with single gene mutations
- If either or both the couple are detected with chromosome rearrangements causing abnormal egg or sperm production
- Maternal age beyond 35
- Recurrent implantation failure or miscarriages
How is PGS performed?
Preimplantation genetic screening is usually performed by extracting a few cells from the embryo formed by fertilization of an egg by the sperm, carried out in a laboratory setting as a part of ART (Assisted Reproduction Technique).
The different methods of the screening process include Advanced Embryo selection or Array Cgh where the chromosome sets are completely screened to select the best-developed embryo; or karyomapping which is preferred in couples with single gene disorders.
PGS/PGD is often preferred for its various benefits such as the following: –
- They help in identifying and eliminating about a 100 of genetic disorders
- They help in reducing the risk of genetically abnormal fetuses to a great extent
- Any unidentified chances of irregularity or disorder in the newborn are eliminated hence ensuring the birth of a healthy little one.
Preimplantation genetic screening has helped greatly in ensuring better success rates of IVF and other infertility treatment procedures at our hospital. The procedure is conducted with a great deal of accuracy and precision by our highly specialized expert faculty.
Hegde hospital has crossed new milestones in the field of successful infertility treatment with the services of specialized faculty and an advanced infrastructure. It is acknowledged as the best PGS center in Hyderabad.
Hegde is a well know hospital for preimplantation genetic diagnosis PGS center Hyderabad, India. Book an appointment now.
For more details,
Visit us: www.hegdehospital.com
Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org