Laparoscopic surgery is a surgical method that uses laparoscope to view enlarged image of the abdominal internal cavity and associated organs in the cavity. Laparoscopic surgeries are carried as part of IVF treatments in hedge fertility. A laparoscope is a long thin tube that has a camera attached to its end. This camera is connected to a monitor.
During a laparoscopic surgery, the patient is put under general aesthetic. Muscle relaxing meditations are provided. The abdomen is inflated with air to get clear view of the organs in the cavity. A small incision is made in the abdomen and a laparoscope is inserted through the incision. The laparoscope provide enlarged image of the internal cavity and the organs. After inspecting the abdominal cavity more surgical tools are inserted through other small incision and minimal invasions are made. After the surgery incision are closed and stitched.
Laparoscopy for Infertility:
In most infertility treatments, if surgeries are required to correct any abnormalities in the reproductive organs then laparoscopic surgeries are performed by experienced infertility specialists at hedge fertility. Laparoscopic surgery enables the surgeon to view the details of reproductive organs and also correcting all abnormalities associated with the organ. The whole laparoscopic procedure can be recorded.
Conditions that can be diagnosed and treated by Laparoscopy in Fertility Centers
- Endometriosis: The endometriotic tissue can be viewed in detail in laparoscopy if present. This enables the complete removal of extended tissues from the uterine cavity.
- Fibroids: presence of fibroids can be detected, their extent can be analysed and the surgeon can remove them depending on the size.
- Ectopic pregnancy: when pregnancy occurs in the fallopian tube it can be diagnosed by laparoscopy and can be removed.
- Removal of ovarian cysts: An ovarian cyst is a cavity filled with water and can be drained out with laparoscopic surgery.
- Adhesion removal: laparoscopic surgery helps in the identification and removal of any adhesions and scar tissues present in the reproductive tracts.
- Tubal recanalization: the fallopian tubes can be disconnected or reconnected using laparoscopic surgery for birth control or to regain the fertility.
- Tubal patency test: Laparoscopy helps to understand the patency of the tube by using a dye.
- PCOD Treatment: PCOD is characterized by irregular menstrual periods and heavy bleeding. PCOD treatment includes puncturing the ovaries to increase the chances of ovulation and pregnancy.
- Infections: Pelvic inflammatory diseases can be treated with laparoscopic methods.
Advantages of Laparoscopy
Laparoscopic treatment in Hegde Fertility, infertility clinics is a minimal invasive procedure. The hospital stay is reduced considerably. In this method only
3-4 small incisions are made in the abdomen and enables faster recovery. The post operative pain is very less compared to open surgery. The chances of post-operative infections are negligible as only small internal area is exposed.
Laparoscopy treatments at hegde fertility are cost effective and successful. Contact Hegde fertility center to get the right treatment to treat all infertility related issues. Contact +91 9963411266 to know details about infertility treatment cost in India. Book an Appointment now.