Hysteroscopy is a surgical procedure to detect the presence of any fibroids or cysts in the lining of the uterus. In Hysteroscopy surgery, the infertility specialist uses a tool named hysteroscope to view the internal cavity and organs. This tool is a type of endoscope with a long hollow tube that has a camera attached to its end. This enables the infertility specialty to view the cervix, uterine cavity and to inspect the presence of any abnormalities or infection in the reproductive system of the body. Hysteroscopy is used to treat many abnormalities that cause infertility. Hence hysteroscopy is a part of most of the Infertility treatments available at Hegde fertility center.
The hysteroscopy procedure, in Hegde Fertility, is performed after the menstrual cycle. During this period the uterine lining is relatively thin. The surgery begins with a general anesthetic and meditation is provided for relaxing the pelvic muscles. The surgeon introduces a speculum to open the vaginal walls and the cervix. Then a hysteroscopy is placed at the entrance of the vagina and pushed inside through the cervix to reach the uterus. The infertility specialist views the lining of the uterine cavity to diagnose or detect the presence of any fibroids, cysts or infections. This procedure takes around 30 minutes and patients can leave the hospital on the same day and can resume to daily activities within a week. After the procedure, the patient may experience minor bleeding.
Hysteroscopy uses in Infertility
- Adhesions: the presence of adhesions in the uterine cavity or associated organs can be identified and removed using this technique. Fibroids/ polyps: helps in the detection and location of the polyps and fibroids with the help of hysteroscope.
- Uterine abnormalities: structural abnormalities of the uterus can be diagnosed and eliminated.
- IUDs: removal of embedded or misplaced IUDs can be done by hysteroscopy.
- Tubal Patency Tests: the tubal patency can be recognized by using a dye with hysteroscopy.
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding helps to identify the caused for AUB.
- Biopsy: helps in attaining biopsy samples from the inner lining of the uterus for further evaluation.
- Tubal opening: Hysteroscopy helps in tubal closing and reopening.
Advantages of Hysteroscopy
Hysteroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure and postoperative complications are minimal. This is a one-day procedure so the patients can leave the hospital on the same day after the surgery. The patients are not prescribed with any prophylactic antibiotics as chances for infection are less. The patient has minimal pain and stress. Hysteroscopy treatment is cost effective and widely used in most of the IVF treatments. In rare cases, the patients may experience minor cramps and bleeding after the treatment.
Consult your infertility specialist before undergoing any procedure to minimize complications. Our best Infertility Specialist has hands-on experience in performing Hysteroscopy and give the best possible care for you. Get to know the infertility treatment. Contact us at 8880 74 74 74 for details on cost in India. Book an appointment now!