Fertility Problems: What you should know?
When to go to fertility clinic?
Couples often get confused whether they have fertility problems or not, after a few unsuccessful attempts in conceiving. According to fertility experts, you should step into a fertility clinic if the female partner does not get pregnant after unprotected sex for at least one year.
Treatment for fertility problems
The treatment for fertility problems largely depends on the cause of it. Age of you and your partner, the duration of infertility, etc will be evaluated before reaching to the treatment stage. Here, at Hegde infertility centre, the doctors will thoroughly study all these conditions and will suggest the most effective infertility treatment to solve the problem.
Due to the advancement in technologies, infertility is a solvable problem today. Female infertility treatments like IVF have gained much popularity from its high success rate. IVF or in vitro fertilization is a procedure in which a sperm sample is processed and then inserted directly into a woman’s uterus. Know more about IVF procedure followed by Infertility Specialist at Hedge hospital.
In men, a change is lifestyle, medication, sperm retrieval, surgery, etc are common treatment methods. Once the cause for the fertility problem is figured out, medications or surgery is prescribed as needed.
It is very important to seek expert advice when it comes to infertility.
Ask to our experts now!
What Causes Infertility ?
The causes of infertility vary from person to person and involve male, female or a combination of factors.
Causes of fertility problems in women
There are a lot of factors that can create fertility problems in females, ranging from a blockage in the fallopian tube to abnormalities in the uterus. The common causes of fertility problems in women include:
- Ovulation problems: As you know, ovulation is the release of ovum or female egg from the ovaries, which occur before 12-16 days of your menstruation. It is a major step for you to get pregnant. Ovulation problems have been identified as one of the common reason for fertility problems in women. It occurs when the egg do not gets matured in the ovary or when ovaries fail to release the egg. Hormonal balance can result in problems in ovulation.
- Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS): It is the condition in which the hormones are not in balance. Women who are suffering from PCOS will have fertility problems.
- Quality of the egg: As the age goes up, the quality of the egg gets poor in women. The quality of egg may be too low after 40 years which make it difficult to get pregnant.
- Endometriosis: It is a disease in which the tissues in the uteral lining grow outside the uterus.
- Tubal factors: A blockage in the fallopian tube can also result in infertility. Pelvic inflammatory diseases, tubal scarring, scar tissues, any other damage in the tubes is a factor for Infertility in women.
Causes of fertility problems in men
Male fertility can occur due to lifestyle as well as medical reasons. Hormonal imbalances, the quantity and quality of the semen, the ability of the sperm to fertilise the egg etc are factors leading to fertility problems in males.
Other factors include:
- Smoking and alcohol consumption at higher levels
- Obesity leading to lower sperm count and decreased libido
- Illness like cancer, thyroid, diabetes, etc
- Lack of proper nutrition
- Usage of certain illegal drugs
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Exposure to toxic substances
- History of certain surgeries
- Injuries or physical damage to the testes