HISTORY OF FEMALE PARTNER
- Previous Pregnancies
- Regularity of menstruation
- Past menstrual history
- Past medical history
- Intercurrent illnesses/ medications/ drugs/ Alcohol
- Previous contraception
- Family history
- Sexual activity/ Problems
- Serious changes in weight/diet?
- Hot flushes / Hirsutism/ Acne/ Galactorrhoea
Etiology of Female Infertility:
- Ovulation disorders
- Tubal factors
- Uterine – fibroids, polyps, adhesions, septum, anomalies
- Diminished Ovarian Reserve (DOR)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Premature Ovarian failure
Preconceptional Investigations for Female infertility treatment
- Blood group&type
- Serum Hormonal levels -LH, FSH,PRL, Estradiol, AMH,TFT
- Serology Screening
- Genetic screening (if indicated)
- Ultrasound imaging pelvis
- Diagnostic and curative operating procedures – Hysteroscopy/ Laparoscopy
- When is it necessary to involve an endocrinologist in the evaluation or treatment of infertile couple?
- Whenever Infertility is associated with other endocrinology disorders Ex: Diabetes mellitus, Thyroid disease, Hypercortisolism or long term replacement with Gonadotropins is required .
- Can all genetic defects be detected by Karyotyping?
- Karyotyping detects only structural or numeric chromosomal aberrations related to recurrent pregnancy loss. Other defects , such as gene defects, are not detected by karyotyping .
- Is Ultrasound completing safe ?
- Ultrasound is a high- frequency sound energy. Acoustic output intensity produces a real time two dimensional gray scale image. There is no ionizing radiation exposure with ultrasound and it is completely safe .
Assessment of fallopian tube patency is important, as tubal problems affect approximately 30% of infertility patients. The most widely used test of tubal patency is HysteroSalpingography (HSG), which has the added advantage of assessing uterine cavity. Uterine cavity defects such as fibroids, polyps, and Synechiae can be diagnosed by the best Gynaecologist in Gachibowli, Hyderabad, and an incompetent Os can sometimes be visualized