Embryo donation is an option to donate the embryo to couples who are unable to conceive with their own egg and sperm. Couples who have successfully conceived after the IVF treatment can donate the preserved embryos for infertility treatment. It is a third party reproduction system and mostly used in assisted reproductive technology (ART) techniques. The donation of the embryo is continued by the implantation of the embryos into the woman’s uterus for pregnancy and childbirth in the expecting mother. The eggs are mostly donated by the couples who have completed their IVF treatment cycle and have excess embryos frozen and wish to give them to couples who are unable to conceive.
When Should You Opt for Embryo Donors?
The infertility specialist at hedge fertility studies the health and fertility conditions of the couple. Donor embryos are recommended for couples who have the following conditions:
1. Partners are suffering from infertility.
2. Both of them have genetic disorders that can be inherited
3. If you are single
4. If you are in Menopause
5. If the couples are in serious medical conditions that cause infertility
Procedure to collect Embryo from Embryo Donors at Infertility Hospital
1. By the IVF method at hedge fertility, you can ask your infertility specialist to produce more embryos and so that they can be used if the first cycle of IVF treatment fails. If the preserved embryos are not required in the future after the success of the IVF cycle then the extra embryos can be donated to another couple.
2. Best Infertility Specialist will follow strict procedures to screen the donors for any infectious diseases such as HIV, Hepatitis B and C and Cytomegalovirus (CMV).
3. If the embryos that are used in the fertilization process are used from the preserved collection then they are known as frozen embryo transfer. In this method, the frozen embryo is maintained inadequate environmental conditions and for use thawed and used in infertility treatment.
Embryo transfer procedure
Embryo transfer procedure is performed by using a thin catheter to transfer one or more embryos into the uterus. This is done on day 2 or 3 after fertilization, or at the blastocyst stage.
Infertility Specialist at hedge fertility may recommend the transfer of one embryo considering the age of the donor into account. Also, it is suggested to not to transfer more than two embryos in order to avoid the risk of multiple pregnancies. In the embryo transfer process, patients can take the pregnancy test after two weeks. If the embryo transfer was not successful, then the infertility specialist will further examine in detail and carry out the infertility treatment cycle.
Success Rate with Donor Embryos
Donor embryos show a higher success rate for each treatment cycle depending on the health condition of the couple undergoing the donor embryo fertility treatment and is successful when compared to the Conventional IVF for all age groups. Want to opt for donor embryo? Contact our infertility specialists and discuss your chances.
Contact us at +91 9963411266 for details on donor embryo cost. Book an appointment now!