Infertility is a condition which affects 1 couple out of every 6. The fruitless efforts in conception create the need for infertility diagnosis and treatments.
The infertility treatment is available for both partners. If the problem is with males then plenty of male Infertility treatment methods are available whereas if the conception problems are because of females then plenty of female Infertility treatment therapies and treatments are suggested.
Infertility can be checked for if the person is trying to get pregnant for almost one year or six months (in case of women above 35 years) and yet failed pregnancy conditions are reported. Multiple miscarriages also fall under the category of female infertility. Age, hormones, physical problems, environmental factors or lifestyle can be one of the causes of female infertility. But maximum cases are reported due to the failure of the ovary to produce eggs before menopause.
Female infertility contributes approximately 50 % cases of failed conceptions and about one- third of the total of infertility cases lie in this cadre.
There is a list of symptoms which can reflect the condition of female infertility like:
• Irregular periods (a cycle of more than 35 days or less than 21 days is problematic)
• The absence of periods in a long gap or long time
Causes of female infertility:
There could be a single cause or multiple sets of factors responsible for cause problems in female fertility.
• Improper fertilization and implantation
• Age factor (35 years or above may face issues in conception)
• PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome)
• STD’s (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
• Hormonal Imbalance
• Closed fallopian tubes
• Failure of production of eggs by ovaries
• Heavy antibiotics, surgeries or person under severe hormonal therapy
Diagnosis and Tests:
If a female is facing problems in conception then there could be an equal chance that the female is infertile. The doctors use some tests for diagnosis of the exact cause of female infertility. Here is a list of some tests which are recommended to know the precise cause of infertility in females.
• Estrogen Test
• FSH (Follicle-Stimulating Hormone) Test
• Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
• Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy
• LH (Luteinizing Hormone) Test
• Pelvic laparoscopy
• Progesterone Test
• Prolactin Test
• Urine, Thyroid, cervical mucus examination and breast examination
Treatment of Female Infertility:
Female infertility can be treated by multiple methods and therapies. Some of the methods for treating fertility problems are:
- Hormones are prescribed to females for controlling conditions of hormone imbalance, endometriosis, short or abnormal menstrual cycles
- Medications are given to stimulate ovulation process like Gonadotropins are popularly used to trigger ovulation process
- Health supplements are prescribed to improve fertility
- Antibiotic are prescribed to treat infections and STD conditions
- Minor surgical procedures may be used to clear the blockage, scarred tissues, fallopian tubes, uterus or in the pelvic region.
- IVF – In vitro fertilization is the most famous method used to treat infertility where the fertilization is made to happen in a laboratory dish outside the human body